PRINTING TIPS FOR GLOSSY VINYL WHITE LABELS & CLEAR LABELS (Skus beginning with WRL- and CLR-) - Also tips for Cricut machines
If you're experiencing ink smearing, the ink may not be drying completely because the standard print settings are too high, causing over-saturation of the label paper.
A common solution is to reduce the quality setting. Open the printer dialog box and select "Properties" or "Preferences." Look for the "Print/Quality" tab or the "Quality/Print Quality" option. From there, you can select a lower dpi or make a quality adjustment.
For black ink in particular, selecting the "Print as Image" box in the print dialog pop-up may help.
For Our WRL- Material - If you are going to use it on a Laser Printer - We suggest only printing up to 10 at a time. Laser Printers heat up so you do not want to damage it.
SCROLL DOWN FOR SOME CRICUT TIPS AND HACKS
IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE PRINTING LABELS
- Before you print, make sure in your printer property settings that the correct paper is selected. For example, if you are using one of our glossy sheets, please select either a glossy paper setting or cardstock. If you select plain paper, the ink may run. We are noticing that CARDSTOCK works the best for our vinyl waterproof material. That would be our WRL-FULL, Wine-40, Beer-40, WRL-2x3 and WRL-3x5.
- We strongly suggest that you print a sample of your project on plain paper to make sure it prints the way you envisioned the project to print. Then take that sample print out and hold it up to the light with the paper template and double check that the alignment is correct. In some cases a slight calibration is needed. This step will eliminate the waste of any labels.
- Make sure borderless printing is either turned off or not selected
FOR EPSON PRINTERS
You should also select high speed too or it will lay down to much ink if that's unchecked.
FOR CANON PIXMA
Tips when printing from Cricut Design Space
- Click Send to Printer
- In the Print Setup screen, toggle the System Dialog to ON, make it green, then click Print
- On a Windows computer, the system dialog screen may open behind the window you have open, so slide the window to the side. Select “Printing Preferences” then change print settings, use tab paper/quality media will change paper, and quality settings is where to lower or raise quality, click “OK”
- On a Mac, click the Show Details button. Then click Preview, and then select Media and Quality. This is where you can lower the print quality and change the paper type.
If you have trouble with your Cricut not reading the registration lines, check out this Cricut Glossy Sticker Paper Hack
Want to know how to print then cut full page and trick your Cricut to print then cut a full page with this hack